Face Alzheimer's Challenge
It’s a fun way to support families facing Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias. This challenge will help us all try to keep a sense of humor and enjoy those unexpected golden moments, even in the face of the disease.
As you “Pie Yourself” remember to keep your sense of humor and to live in the moment, while remembering more than 5 million people in the United States living with Alzheimer’s disease.
We hope you will complete the challenge by making a donation to Alzheimer’s Tennessee. Use the buttons at the top of this page. Please encourage others to make a donation, too.
And, of course… challenge at least three other people to take the #FaceAlzChallenge, to help spread the message!
How To Take The Challenge:
1. Get a Pie. We recommend a paper plate filled with shaving cream or whipped cream. Folks willing to face a real lemon meringue pie will get extra props. (Make sure the pie isn’t frozen!)
2. Get an Accomplice. Find someone to record your challenge on a smart phone or video camera.
3. Get a Face Full of Pie! Whether you pie yourself or have someone else do pie you, have fun with it! Be sure to thank whoever challenged you and be extra sure to nominate someone else to keep the challenge going. Say whatever your inspired to, but here’s a sample script to get you started.
“Thank you _____for nominating me to take the Face Alzheimer’s Challenge with Alzheimer’s Tennessee. (PIE IN THE FACE!)
This pie on my face is a reminder for all of us to keep a sense of humor in the face of Alzheimer’s. I am making a donation to FaceAlzChallenge.org and nominate _________ to take the challenge.”
4. Get Your Message Heard. Post your video to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram… wherever it will be seen. Please use the #FaceAlzChallenge hashtag and tag Alzheimer’s Tennessee. Be sure to contact the people you challenged.
5. Get Into the Fight Against Alzheimer’s! Please use the buttons above to make a donation to Alzheimer’s Tennessee. Your gift will help realize the vision to Make Alzheimer’s a Memory.